If you’d like to donate towards any of our current building projects please email us with details. Otherwise, any donations to the Building fund will be used to support where first needed.
All donations to the building fund are 100% tax deductible.
- Kuti building fund: This fund will go towards the cost of building one or more new kutis (meditation huts) in the forest/bush at Santi. Depending on the final design of these structures and how they are built, the costs may be anywhere between $20,000-$25,000 each. Our aim is to build an ecologically sound building with minimal impact on the environment – with good thermal efficiency, a rain water tank, and some capacity to harness solar energy.
- A/C for meditation room: We are aiming to install some A/C in the upstairs meditation hall so there’s a cool place for residents to meditate in the heat of the summer. With solar panels on our roof already, these will support daytime use of the system which is the main time we need it. We will look into the possibility of a ducted option for A/C so as to keep any noise to a minimum. It’s yet to be costed, but we expect it’s likely to be in the vicinity of about $4-5000.
- Small off-grid solar unit: Another project idea is to install one or two small 100% off-grid solar a/c units in selected meditation huts, so as we have a place where some monastics can stay in solitary retreat year round, particularly through the high heat of the summers we are experiencing lately. Once installed, these units cost absolutely nothing to run – all free energy from the sun! If these initial units are successful, we may be able to install them more widely, as funds allow. If you’d like more information, please be in touch with us.
- Septic system upgrade: We need an urgent septic system upgrade which will cost in the vicinity of $8,000-$10,000
- Improving kuti insulation: We are hoping to improve the insulation capacity of some of the kutis to make them more heat and cold resilient. Bundanoon whether can be surprisingly extreme… in summer heatwaves it can go above 40 deg. C, and in winter is regularly sub zero, and has been as low as -6 deg C just this month (July 2017). Pretty darn coolllddd!!!
- General building maintenance and repairs: Of course, the monastery has ongoing maintenance costs for it’s buildings as well, many of which can be serviced by your contributions to the tax deductible building fund. (Other costs and daily running expenses are drawn from the general account.)
For the above projects, feel free to make a direct deposit into the Building fund account below, and if you would like a receipt for tax purposes, please email the Santi Office with your details to arrange. Many thanks for your kind support.
ANZ Bank, 322-324 Argyle St,
Moss Vale, NSW, 2577, AUSTRALIA
Account Name: Santi Forest Monastery Inc.
BSB Number: 012739
Account Number: 496177001