Below are items that would be useful to the monastery at the moment. This page is updated regularly.
Last updated: Thursday, 29th June 2017
Food items appreciated
- Fresh Vegetables (not pumpkin, potatoes or carrots )
- Fresh Milk
Other items appreciated
- 12v / 24v Car Jumper Leads ( http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/store/batteries-starting-power/jumper-leads/5041635?page=1&pageSize=24&sort=-ProductCreated )
- Earth Choice Laundry Liquid
- Eucalyptus Oil
- Earth Choice Floor and Surface Cleaner
- Fiskars x21 L Splitting Axe ( https://www.bunnings.com.au/fiskars-x21-l-splitting-axe_p3360995 )
- 3-piece Wood Fire Tool Sets (see link https://www.bunnings.com.au/3-piece-fire-tool-set-with-stand_p3170773
- Old Newspapers for lighting wood fires
- Bamboo Plants for pots
Daily running costs
- Your contributions towards the daily running costs of the monastery are also very much appreciated.
If you would like to contribute you can click here: DONATE
Food items we currently have PLENTY of:
- White Rice
- Bottled Water (see below)
- Pasta and Rice Noodles
- Chilli powder
- Cumin powder
- Coconut Cream
- Fruit tins
Non-food items we currently have PLENTY of:
- White clothing of all kinds
- Blank CDs, blank DVDs, CD & DVD covers (we do not distribute or use CDs or DVDs)
- Feminine hygiene products
- Tooth paste
- Paper Serviettes (napkins)
- Paper plates and cups
- Chemical detergents (see below)
Santi and the environment
As a forest monastery bordering Morton National Park we strive to minimize our impact on our environment. We support Bundanoon in its “bottled water – free” town campaign – so PLEASE, do not offer bottled water to the monastery. We also refrain from using disposable items such as: plates, cups and cutlery, tea light candles and other materials that harm the environment.
At Santi we have an environmentally friendly grey water system, which cannot handle harsh chemical detergents, so please offer only ‘grey water safe’ laundry detergents.
We appreciate your support in our effort to keep a green monastery.
The Spirit of Dana
Please note that in order to keep alive the spirit of reliance on alms food, we do not use any of the money donated to the monastery on food. (Unless absolutely necessary, or money specifically donated for this purpose.)
Acts of generosity lead to joy.
Joy leads to peace,
Peace leads to insight,
Insight leads to Liberation.
Sadhu! Sadhu! Sadhu!