Below are items that would be useful to the monastery at the moment. This page is updated regularly.
Last updated: Tuesday, 21st November 2017
Food items appreciated:
- Fresh green veges (e.g. broccoli, beans, spinach, etc.)
- Fresh beetroot
- Fresh milk
Other items appreciated:
- Large straw broom
- Toilet Paper
- Leather Gardening Gloves
- Redoxin – Vitamin C and Zinc Supplement
- Scotts Lawn Builder – Extreme Green -Slow Release Lawn Fertiliser
- Block out blinds for 3 skylights (please ask us as we’ll need to get them made to measure)
Daily running costs
- Your contributions towards the daily running costs of the monastery are also very much appreciated.
If you would like to contribute you can click here: DONATE
Food items we currently have PLENTY of:
- UHT milk
- White Rice
- White sugar
- Pasta and Rice Noodles
- Chilli powder
- Cumin powder
- Coconut Cream
- Tinned fruit
- Bottled Water (please see below)
Non-food items we currently have EXCESS of:
- White clothing of all kinds
- Blank CDs, blank DVDs, CD & DVD covers (we do not distribute or use CDs or DVDs)
- Bar soap
- Feminine hygiene products
- Paper Serviettes (napkins)
- Plastic plates and cups
- Chemical detergents (please see below)
Santi and the environment
As a forest monastery bordering Morton National Park we strive to minimize our impact on our environment. We support Bundanoon in its “bottled water – free” town campaign – so PLEASE, do not offer bottled water to the monastery. We also try to avoid using disposable items such as: plastic plates, cups and cutlery, tea light candles and other materials that harm the environment.
At Santi we have an environmentally friendly grey water system, which cannot handle harsh chemical detergents, so please offer only ‘grey water safe’ laundry detergents, preferably liquid, as powder doesn’t go well in our machines.
Thank you. We appreciate your support in our effort to keep a green monastery and our waste systems healthy.
The Spirit of Dana
Please note that in order to keep alive the spirit of reliance on alms food, we do not use any of the money donated to the monastery on food. (Unless absolutely necessary, or money specifically donated for this purpose.)
“Acts of generosity lead to joy.
Joy leads to peace,
Peace leads to insight,
Insight leads to Liberation.”
Sadhu! Sadhu! Sadhu!