If you wish to bring a meal, please see: Dana – Offering meals at Santi
Needed at present
Below are items that would be useful to the monastery at the moment. This page is updated regularly.
Updated on Friday 16th December 2014
- Coconut milk
- Soy milk
- Long-life milk
- second-hand laptop: if you have an old laptop you are not using any more but that still works well and is no more than 4 years old, we would be happy to have it for our office.
- Grey water safe laundry detergent and wool wash (eco-friendly i.e. Earth Choice brand)
- Cream cleaner (eco-friendly)
- Box tissues
- Surface cleaning spray (eco-friendly)
- Toner TK-174 for Kyocera printer FS-1320D
Santi Forest Monastery is looking for a handy(wo)man, who would be responsible for the repairs and upkeep of Monastery buildings. This person needs to be skilled in the use of tools and able to work largely unsupervised. Ideally this person would have his/her own car and be able to work at least 1 day per fortnight. Food and accommodation for the duration of stay will be provided by the Monastery. If you are interested in taking on this role, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not needed at present – we have plenty of the following
Food items we currently have plenty of:
- Bottled water (see below)
- Tomato paste
- Instant Coffee
Non-food items we currently have plenty of:
- White clothing of all kinds
- Blank CDs, blank DVDs, CD & DVD covers (we do not distribute or use CDs or DVDs)
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Serviettes (napkins)
- Paper plates and cups
- Skin Lotions
- Chemical detergents (see below).
Santi and the environment
As a forest monastery bordering Morton National Park we strive to minimize our impact on our environment. We support Bundanoon in its “bottled water – free” town campaign – so PLEASE, do not offer bottled water to the monastery. We also refrain from using disposable items such as: plates, cups and cutlery, tea light candles and other materials that harm the environment.
At Santi we have an environmentally friendly greywater system, which cannot handle harsh chemical detergents, so please offer only ‘greywater safe’ laundry detergents.
We appreciate your support in our effort to keep a green monastery.
The Spirit of Dana
Please note that in order to keep alive the spirit of reliance on alms food, none of the money donated to the monastery is spent on food .
Acts of generosity lead to joy.
Joy leads to peace,
Peace leads to insight,
Insight leads to Liberation.
Sadhu! Sadhu! Sadhu!